The below representative recent matters (within the last 3 years) were handled by our attorneys while practicing at Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Steve represented The Graham Companies as Borrower in connection with a $120,000,000 term loan from a major life insurance company secured by multiple properties and multiple asset classes located in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Steve represented The Graham Companies as Borrower in connection with a $50,000,000 term loan from a National Bank secured by multiple properties and multiple asset classes located in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Steve represented The Graham Companies as Borrower in connection with a $50,000,000 revolving line of credit from a National Bank secured by multiple properties and multiple asset classes located in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Steve and Brenda represented a major institutional owner in connection with a term financing in the amount of $480,000,000 from several participating National Banks secured by a luxury beachfront hotel and golf resort project located on Florida’s west coast.
- Steve and Brenda represented an institutional investor in connection with entering into two joint ventures for the development of two mixed-use towers on property ground leased from Miami-Dade County on Metrorail transit property, and represented the joint venturers in connection with a $47,000,000 construction loan and a $99,000,000 construction loan for construction of the towers; both loans from participating National Banks.
- Steve and Brenda represented a family office in multiple separate purchases of Downtown Fort Lauderdale property in connection with several assemblages of sites for large-scale future development.
- Steve and Brenda represented a family office in the acquisition of two major development sites next to the Brightline train station in Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Brenda represented an affordable housing investor in numerous acquisitions and financings for multiple Florida apartment projects totaling over $150,000,000 and located throughout Florida.
- Brenda acted as local counsel and represented an affordable housing investor in the financing of multiple asset pools of multifamily apartment projects located in Florida and in several other states in connection with various master credit facilities each in excess of $200,000,000 and insured by Fannie Mae.
- Brenda represented an affordable housing investor in securing transfer and financing approvals and subordinations of extended low-income housing covenants and land use restrictions in favor of Florida Housing Finance Corporation and multiple county affordable housing agencies throughout Florida.
- Brenda handled the real estate aspects of a transaction involving the representation of a multinational building materials company in a land swap of properties for conservation, public park and educational purposes in exchange for property suitable for aggregate mining. The swap and exchange took several years to finalize and involved the coordination and negotiation of numerous agreements with the State of Florida Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Fund, South Florida Water Management District, Miami-Dade County and The School Board of Miami-Dade County.
- Brenda represented international private family investors in the refinancing of two separate office projects located in Coral Gables and Miami.
- Brenda handled the real estate aspects of various building materials and cement companies who owned lands within the Pennsuco wetlands area in Miami-Dade County and the issuance of title insurance for numerous conservation easements granted to the South Florida Water Management District.
- Brenda represented the seller of a luxury home on Star Island in Miami Beach and represented the purchaser of a home in the historic development of The Moorings located in Coconut Grove.
- Brenda represented a high net worth individual real estate developer in the acquisition, redevelopment, and disposition of multiple residential properties in Surfside.
- Brenda represented a real estate investment fund in the acquisition of single credit tenant medical office buildings.
Other representative matters handled by our attorneys while practicing at Greenberg, Traurig, P.A.
- From 1982 to the present, Steve has represented The Graham Companies, the developers of the Town of Miami Lakes, the first true comprehensively planned development in Florida located on six square miles of property, and including residential communities, office and industrial parks, multifamily projects, retail projects, hotels, ground leases, entertainment facilities and golf courses. Most of the improvements developed over the last 60 years in Miami Lakes, with the exception of single-family residential, continue to be owned by The Graham Companies. Brenda has worked with Steve representing The Graham Companies for the last 20 years.
- Steve was lead real estate counsel for Midtown Equities in the development of “Midtown Miami,” the largest mixed-use project in the City of Miami’s history. Midtown Miami is located on a former rail yard containing 56 acres just north of Downtown Miami and is within the Midtown Miami Community Development District, formed for the purpose of providing infrastructure development within the project. Brenda worked with Steve for over a decade in connection with all aspects of the multi-faceted representation for the development, including construction and financing of multiple projects within Midtown Miami.
- Steve has represented life insurance companies in 100+ mortgage loans for office, retail (including regional malls and mixed use projects), merchandise marts, hotels (including major waterfront resort hotels) and multi-family projects in Florida and in the Southeastern United States.
- Steve has represented numerous life insurance companies and other institutional parties, developers and joint ventures in connection with joint venture formation, acquisition, development, financing and dispute resolution.
- Steve has represented lenders, landlords, tenants and owners in connection with ground leased projects and developments, including projects on public ground leases.
- Steve and Brenda have represented institutional lenders and borrowers in connection with loan foreclosures, workouts, deeds in lieu and other dispute resolution matters.
Steve and and/or Brenda have represented institutions and developers in connection with the development, sale and acquisition of hotels, office buildings, warehouses, shopping centers, regional malls, medical office commercial condominiums, security detention facilities, raw land, waterfront properties, design centers and merchandise and trade marts.
- Brenda has represented international family private investors in the acquisition and financing of two separate office projects in Coral Gables and Miami.
- Brenda, together with other real estate attorneys, represented major real estate joint venture developer of a South Beach historically designated hotel flagged by a major luxury hotel brand in the redevelopment and construction financing over a period of several years, including handling payment and performance bond constructed related issues with the original contractor.
- Brenda has provided her real estate title expertise over the last 15 years in support of multiple land-use development entitlements and approvals for subdivision plats, unities of title, covenants, easements, water and sewer agreements by performing complex title examinations and issuing opinions of title to the multiple local, County and State governmental agencies.
- Brenda represented the purchaser of various lots on Hibiscus Island for the development of luxury homes and represented the seller and developer of a newly constructed high end luxury home on Palm Island.