Steven A. Landy practiced for 40 years at the international law firm of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. as a commercial real property attorney where he was a Principal Shareholder. He has handled complex and diverse matters and transactions for individual and institutional developers, lenders, and investors in all areas of a sophisticated and diversified real property-based practice.
In addition to development, acquisition, disposition, planning, and financing of real property, Steve has broad experience in long term large-scale developments, multi-property transactions, joint ventures, ground leases and real estate related dispute resolution. Recognizing that complex commercial transactions often involve many specialized disciplines working in concert, both legal and nonlegal, Steve has developed substantial expertise and experience assembling, organizing, leading and supervising teams as a “real estate quarterback”, while still maintaining a hands-on approach.
Fully understanding the business goals of his clients is paramount to his successful representation. Steve prides himself on having long-term relationships with clients; he has represented some clients continuously since 1982.
See Representative Matters for recent and past representative experience and matters.
- Agent for the Fidelity National family of companies and First American Title Insurance Company.
- Associate Member, American Land Title Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2014-2022
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5.0.
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2007
°AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1981
- Editor-in-Chief, The University of Florida Law Review
- B.S.B.A., Finance, Business Administration, with high honors, University of Florida, 1978
- Number one in the College of Business Administration
Appeared on and represented the development community’s perspective on NBC’s Nightline in connection with condominium development and the massive contract cancellations and litigation occurring during the great recession.
Numerous continuing legal education presentations throughout the years on a variety of real estate topics.
Presenter of program titled Real Property Foreclosures in the Current Environment to the National Association of Corporate Directors, Florida Chapter at The 5th Annual Bank Director Workshop.