Brenda M. Saavedra practiced for 20 years at the international law firm of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. as a commercial real property attorney where she was Of Counsel. She has handled complex and diverse matters and transactions for individual and institutional developers and investors in all areas of a sophisticated and diversified real property-based practice. Brenda has represented clients in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, and disposition of many varied asset classes, including mixed-use developments, multifamily developments, condominium developments, hotels and resorts, golf courses, office buildings, retail property, and waterfront property. Working closely with surveyors, engineers, and the legal and underwriting staffs of the major title insurance companies, Brenda has substantial experience evaluating and solving complex title and survey issues and providing title opinions to numerous governmental jurisdictions and agencies to obtain permits and entitlement approvals for various types of developments. She understands the unique title and opinion requirements of the varied governmental municipalities and agencies in South Florida, including the City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department, the Department of Environmental Regulation, the Florida Department of Transportation and The School Board of Miami-Dade County.
In addition to her varied commercial experience, Brenda has represented clients in luxury high-end residential transactions for properties located in the most prestigious neighborhoods, including Star Island, Fisher Island, Palm Island, Hibiscus Island, Bal Harbour, Cocoplum, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, The Moorings, Pinecrest, Turnberry Isles, Brickell, Hallandale Beach and Ocean Reef. She has handled these representations with the same care and attention as her commercial transactions.
See Representative Matters for recent and past representative experience and matters.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Adjunct Professor, The University of Miami School of Law, 2006-2010 . Taught a hands-on Real Estate Transactions workshop to J.D. students covering all aspects of real estate transactions from contract drafting and negotiation to preparation of closing documents.
- Adjunct Professor, The University of Miami School of Law, 2011-2012. Taught Mortgage Law to students in the L.L.M. in Real Property Development program.
- Agent for the Fidelity National Financial family of companies and First American Title Insurance Company.
- Past Board Member, The Tooth Healer for Children Around the World, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Florida Bar Association.
- Team Member, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010, 2013 and 2017-2018
- Team Member, a U.S. News – Best Lawyers®,”Law Firm of the Year” in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, a Law360 “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year,” 2011-2013 and 2015
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, “Top Tier” Firm in Real Estate, 2013
- J.D., magna cum laude, Florida State University College of Law, 2001
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Florida State University Law Review
- Book Awards: Real Estate Transactions; Land Use Planning and Regulation; and Taxation of Business Entities II
- B.B.A., Accounting and International Business, Florida International University, 1997
- Valedictorian Scholarship